Penny West Independent Occupational Therapist
Welcome to my website
- I am an occupational therapist in private practice committed to supporting people make the most of their lives in spite of disability or illness.
- I have lots of experience as a clinician and as a manager in health and social care services, so I do appreciate how difficult it can be to find your way around the maze of our care system.
- My role now is to work with individuals and families to help people achieve the occupations/activities that are important to them and, where necessary, help them locate the support they need.
- My approach is to work alongside people to help them identify what is fundamentally important to them. Then to help people use their own internal and external resources to move in the direction both they, and their family, want.
- This may involve making suggestions about equipment, Telecare , techniques, or alternate living options; or, using solution focused approaches to help people reach their preferred goals.
- I aim to help people continue to live fulfilling lives as independently as possible, and, at times, support a person at end of their life who still wants to make the most of things while they can.
I would be happy to discuss your needs with no obligation.
I am based in North London and am happy to travel in or out of London to the home counties.
Occupational therapy assessments; support with housing adaptations including the Disabled Facilities Grant; mental health support and counselling; care planning for dementia; rehabilitation after trauma including stroke and road traffic accidents; vocational rehabilitation - getting back to work in the way that you want to; solution focused counselling.
Older adult mental health; Memory loss and dementia; Parkinson's; stroke rehabilitation; vocational rehabilitation; learning disability; autism; Family/carer support and advice; anxiety management.
firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact page on this website.
Orchard Solutions Consultancy Ltd., Company Number: 6977766
A solution focused occupational therapy practice